With just 5 ingredients, you can make a cup of immune-boosting turmeric ginger latte, otherwise known as golden milk. In this recipe, I shared how I use both fresh turmeric and fresh ginger in making this classic drink. I know many of us are quite familiar with using turmeric powder and ginger powder, but if you ever come across fresh turmeric at the supermarket or farmer’s market, please get a small piece. Fresh turmeric does not have the dull bitter taste; it’s fragrant and earthy. Once you’ve tried fresh, you may not want to go back to using dried powder anymore.
The interchange ratio is approximate 3:1. That is, for every one teaspoon of dried turmeric powder, you need 3 teaspoons of fresh turmeric as a replacement.
Turmeric-Ginger Latte / Golden Milk
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp fresh turmeric (or 1 tsp dried turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Peel both ginger and turmeric, then grate them into small pieces
- Turn heat to medium. In a small pot, add water, almond milk, ginger and turmeric. Whisk till they dissolve.
- Once mixture is well heated, add maple syrup.
- Sieve. Cool for 5 minutes and enjoy immediately.