Many of us grew up learning that we should eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies a day. Well, that was then and this is now. As described in Stop Counting Produce Servings and Focus on Colors Instead, we really should focus more on eating a variety of colored fruits and vegetables. It’s important to eat enough everyday but it’s probably even more important to eat the right kinds as well. Each color has it’s own health benefit and this is backed by science. If we get enough of a variety, we give ourselves the best chance to living a healthier lifestyle.
- From the list below, of all the foods that you have never eaten before, go ahead and take up the challenge to try a new food item every month.
- Comment below and tell us what new food(s) you especially liked after trying it for the first time! That’s it!
Try a New One Every Month!
- 4 Everyday Fruits Packed with Powerful Nutrition
- Reduce Your Water Footprint Through Mindful Eating
- Creative Ways to Eat More Vegetables
- All About Pre-Diabetes Eating – Podcast
- Feeding Your Family, 100-Mile Diet Style – Podcast
Gloria Tsang is the author of 5 books and the founder of HealthCastle.com, the largest online nutrition network run by registered dietitians. Her work has appeared in major national publications, and she is a regularly featured nutrition expert for media outlets across the country. The Huffington Post named her one of its Top 20 Nutrition Experts on Twitter. Gloria’s articles have appeared on various media such as Reuters, NBC & ABC affiliates, The Chicago Sun-Times, Reader’s Digest Canada, iVillage and USA Today.